BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Sojourner Truth vs. Sojourner Truth

I do not think the 50 Essays book should have rewritten Sojourner Truth's "Ain't I a Woman speech. While it is very powerful in both translations, there is something that is lost in making it more grammatically correct. In the original version it is easier for the reader to take in what she is saying because you know that she is being real. She is completely herself in the original version and that makes accepting her words easier. Though, I admit it was a little more difficult for me Check Spellingto understand the original version. However, that is simply because I am not accustomed to that style of speech. Either way, even with the slight understanding barrier, I still found this speech just as inspiring as the first time.

0 comments: